On the Duluth campus, the vaccine is also available through local hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies in the Duluth community. Please review detailed information here.
For fall, Health Services is exploring the ability to offer the Moderna vaccine to students through clinic appointments. Continue to watch our website for more information on scheduling appointments at Health Services.
Health Services Calendar of Events 2021-2022
FREE COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-Up Clinic On Our UMD CAMPUS!
UMD Health Services, Kirby Student Center, and Student Life are partnering with St. Louis County Public Health to bring a FREE COVID-19 vaccine clinic to campus. This will be a convenient way for members of our campus community to receive the vaccine. At this time St. Louis County Public Health anticipates they will be making available all three vaccines that have received emergency approval from the FDA. (Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen)
- The clinic on September 23rd will be located in Kirby Rafters on the third floor of Kirby Student Center. This clinic will be offered from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- No appointment is necessary, however you may schedule in advance if you would like:
Click Here to Register: https://prepmod.health.state.mn.us//appointment/en/reg/9269540621
Flu Clinics on the UMD Campus:
Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 and Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 in the Kirby Ballroom from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Appointments can be scheduled (preferred) here: https://boynton-registration.umn.edu/appointments/umdflu
- COVID screenings will be done when you arrive for your appointment
- Anyone with any COVID related symptoms or exposure will be asked to reschedule (all scheduling changes can be made using the link above)
- FREE to UMD students
- FREE to Staff/Faculty/Dependents over 18 and Retirees who are enrolled in UPlan at UMD. **Please note we are not offering the high dose vaccine. All others who are not enrolled through UPlan should call their local clinic or visit one of the local pharmacies offering flu shots
- To safely provide this service to our campus, patients without an appointment will be taken, but due to increase in COVID activity, an appointment is preferred.
Grief Support Group Returns to In-Person!
New!! Grief group resumes in-person meetings on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00.
The group meets in KSC (RDC) 301, across from the Dining Center.
Grief support is free and open to all UMD students. For more information, call (218) 726-7913. The group Facilitator is Barb Titus, and she can be reached at: (218) 726-6253 or email [email protected].
Let’s Talk Online, starts Monday, September 13th, 2021!! Counselors will be available for brief, informal, free and confidential, drop-in consultations. Appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis. Click on the link or use the meeting ID and pass code to join the zoom session of your choice. You will enter the waiting room and a counselor will acknowledge that they notice you there. You may need to wait a few minutes if the counselor is with someone else. The wait time is usually 5-15 minutes. Once you are admitted from the waiting room, the counselor will listen closely to your concerns and provide support, perspective and suggestions for resources to assist you. Links for access are recurring. https://health-services.d.umn.edu/counseling-services/lets-talk-drop-counseling