After Hours Care:
In the event of a mental health or medical emergency, or non-emergency medical concern occurring after the Health Service's hours, please see the contact information below. Students are advised to call the 1-800 phone number on their insurance card prior to going to a hospital or urgent care center. Services at these locations are not paid for by UMD Health Services.
Mental Health Emergency:
- 911 for emergencies or immediate assistance
- The U of M Crisis Line 612-301-4673 or text UMN to 61222
- Arrowhead Regional Crisis Line 844-772-4724
- Additional crisis resources can be found here
911 for emergencies or immediate assistance
St. Luke’s Emergency Department
St. Luke’s Building A
1012 E. 2nd Street, 2nd Floor
Duluth, MN 55805
Essentia Health- St. Mary's Medical Center
407 E 3rd Street Duluth MN
Non-Emergency After Hours Care
Many insurance companies offer phone or online visits with a nurse or nurse practitioner. Please check with your insurance company to see if this is an option for you.
Also, If you have the Student Health Benefits Plan, you have access to virtual medical visits:
- Doctor on Demand program: An app that allows you to see a provider when your student health service is unavailable. The app connects you to a visit video to diagnose and treat common medical issues.
Local Urgent Care facilities: Provide walk-in care to treat minor injuries and general illnesses.
Essentia Health-St. Mary's Medical center: https://www.essentiahealth.org/services/walk-in-services/urgent-care/
St. Luke's Duluth: https://www.slhduluth.com/services/urgent-care/