Immunization Services

Health Services provides a wide variety of vaccines: MMR, dT, dTP, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Twinrix (combined Hepatitis A & B), Varivax (for chickenpox), meningitis, and flu.

Minnesota Residents

The Minnesota law requires all students born after December 31, 1956, who enroll in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella. Health Services can provide these immunizations to students not meeting requirements.

All students, except for those who graduated from a Minnesota high school in the year 1997 or later, must have immunization documentation on file at Health Services. All graduate students and transfer students must also have their records on file. Students must turn in their Immunization Record Form in order to register for classes. A one-semester grace period will be allowed in cases of non-compliance. If the immunization record is not submitted prior to second semester, a hold will be placed on a student's record, and he/she will be unable to register for classes.

Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) is a statewide system that collects electronic immunization information. Patients can request their immunization record from MIIC.  Not all clinics enter data so your record may be incomplete.

Wisconsin Residents

Click here to access your public WI immunization records. You will need to input some personal information (First and Last Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number) and then you can print your records.

International Students

International students from countries where Tuberculosis (TB) is endemic are required to undergo Tuberculosis (TB) screening. Information about this is provided by the UMD International Student Office.

Learn more about UMD Required TB screenings 

Students with a hold on their record (also known as a ME Hold for health clearance purposes) will not be allowed to register for their next semester classes before completing this requirement. Please call UMD Health Services for more information, 218-726-8155.

Learn More About Vaccines

Vaccine information can be viewed at the Center for Disease Control website.