Importance Notice about our services at this time:
ABSOLUTELY NO WALK IN PATIENTS-please call 218-726-8155, before entering building.
Face coverings are required, per UMD, Duluth and State of MN ordinances.
Two entrances to the clinic building:
- Front door for COVID-19 symptoms/testing
- Side entrance for non COVID-19 concerns
Health Services will be performing COVID-19 testing.
Hours of operation:
Summer hours begin Monday, May 10th, 2021. Hours are M-F 9am-3pm.
COVID related phone calls are answered M-F, until 5:30 pm.
Options for after hours medical care; For mental health emergencies, please call Birch Tree Center at 218-623-1800.
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
If you are experiencing cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, have traveled internationally or domestically, or have been exposed to someone with known or suspected COVID-19, it is important that you call Health Services at 218-726-8155 prior to arriving at the clinic. Please see our COVID tab for specific information.
Quality Primary Health Care At Your Doorstep
The professional medical staff at UMD Health Services provides quality, primary health care that is aimed toward young adults and to the unique needs of college students. Physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses are available by appointment. Most health needs can be met directly within the Health Services facility. Call to make an appointment: 218-726-8155.
Frequently Provided Services
Medical services we frequently provide include, but are not limited to:
- Allergy injections
- Gynecology exams
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Smoking, vaping and tobacco treatment
- Sexual Health
Additional Services Provided
- Acute illness or injuries
- Dermatology exams
- Elective minor surgery
- Nutrition consultations
- Physical exams
- Physical Therapy (referral required: call Lake Superior Physical Therapy to schedule an appointment on campus)
- Wart treatments
Students who pay the student services fee do not pay a fee for an appointment with our medical providers. Fees will be charged for services beyond the provider exam and consultation to include Billable Services indicated below. Co-pays and deductibles may apply as determined by the insurance company and are the responsibility of the student.
Non-UMD Students (college students from the College of St. Scholastica, University of Wisconsin – Superior, Duluth Business University, Lake Superior College, the University of Minnesota, etc.) are eligible to use Health Services, however, charges apply for services rendered by any provider. Chargeable services include office visits, x-rays, lab tests, minor surgery, some special procedures, and medications. Non-UMD students can have their charges billed to insurance.
- Immunizations (Tetanus, Gardasil, MMR, Meningitis, Varivax, Hep A & B, etc.)
- Injections (Allergy shots, Rocephin, Depo Provera, Benedryl, etc.)
- Lab tests (Blood draws, strep tests, STI testing, HIV testing, Urinalysis, Lipid Panels, etc.)
- Procedures (Wart treatments, sutures, laceration repairs, skin tag removals, ear irrigations, etc.)
- Durable Medical Equipment (splints, immobilizers, ace bandages, etc.)
On-site access to some medications
Health Services has an on-site dispensary which stocks contraceptives and medications for acute illnesses. Our medical providers will prescribe medications that are not available in our dispensary, to include medications for mental health conditions such as depression or anxiety, for pick up at the student's pharmacy of choice.