Important notice about our services at this time: updated May 8th, 2023
Masks are no longer required, but recommended (unless you answer yes to the following questions:
- Do you have COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you awaiting a COVID-19 test result or have you tested positive in the past 10 days?
- Have you been asked to quarantine because of an exposure to COVID-19?
Surgical/disposable masks will be provided at each entrance, cloth masks are not recommended.
2 entrances to building
- Front door for COVID-19 symptoms/testing. Please call when you arrive.
- Side entrance for all other appointments.
Hours of operation: (Summer hours, begins May 8th, 2023)
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. We are closed for all University Holidays.
COVID questions or concerns? Please call 218-726-8155 to speak with our providers.
Options for after hours medical care; For mental health emergencies, please call Birch Tree Center at 218-623-1800.
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
If you are experiencing cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or have been exposed to someone with known or suspected COVID-19, it is important that you call Health Services at 218-726-8155 prior to arriving at the clinic. Please see our COVID tab for specific information.
Quality Primary Health Care At Your Doorstep
The professional medical staff at UMD Health Services provides quality, primary health care that is aimed toward young adults and to the unique needs of college students. Physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses are available by appointment. Most health needs can be met directly within the Health Services facility. Call to make an appointment: 218-726-8155.
Frequently Provided Services
Medical services we frequently provide include, but are not limited to:
- Allergy injections
- Gynecology exams
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Sexual Health
Additional Services Provided
- Acute illness or injuries
- Dermatology exams
- Elective minor surgery
- Physical exams
Students who pay the student services fee do not pay a fee for an appointment with our medical providers. Fees will be charged for services beyond the provider exam and consultation to include billable services indicated below. Co-pays and deductibles may apply as determined by the insurance company and are the responsibility of the student.
Non-UMD Students (college students from the College of St. Scholastica, University of Wisconsin – Superior, Lake Superior College, the University of Minnesota, etc.) are eligible to use Health Services, however, charges apply for services rendered by any provider. Billable services include office visits, x-rays, lab tests, minor surgery and special procedures. Non-UMD students can have their charges billed to insurance.
- Immunizations (Tetanus, Gardasil, MMR, Meningitis, Hep A & B, Mantoux TB skin tests, etc.)
- Injections (Allergy shots, Depo Provera, etc.)
- COVID testing
- Lab tests (Blood draws, strep tests, STI testing, HIV testing, Urinalysis, Lipid Panels, etc.)
- Procedures (Sutures, laceration repairs, skin tag removals, ear irrigations, etc.)
- Durable Medical Equipment (splints, immobilizers, ace bandages, etc.)