Important Notice for Counseling Appointments: uPDATED mAY 8TH, 2023
Masks are no longer required, but recommended, unless you answer yes to the following questions:
- Do you have COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you awaiting a COVID-19 test result or have you tested positive in the past 10 days?
- Have you been asked to quarantine because of an exposure to COVID-19?
Surgical/disposable masks will be provided at each entrance, cloth masks are not recommended.
We offer a hybrid model of services including in person and virtual sessions using the Zoom platform. Initial appointments will be conducted either in person or virtually and will include discussion of options for how you will meet with your counselor for future sessions.
Below is a list of services that we offer currently enrolled UMD students:
- Individual counseling
- Clinical Case Management (click on link for more information)
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Group offerings
- Presentations and workshops as requested
Additional information can be found within the counseling tab above.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Call 218-726-7913 for appointments or other information on our counseling services. Our clinic hours (during the academic year) are generally Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:00 with limited options for earlier or later appointments. Alternate hours Monday-Friday, 9:00-3:00 during the summer and over breaks. Health Services is closed for all University holidays and December break.
- Once an appointment has been scheduled, you will given a link for intake paperwork, which will be required for first appointment.
After hours and emergency facilities for mental health care
For after hours or emergency support please contact one of the following:
911 for emergencies or immediate assistance
U of M Crisis and Text Line
Call: 612-301-4673 Text: UMN to 61222
Arrowhead Regional Crisis Line
MN Department of Health Text Line Text MN to 741741
St. Luke’s Emergency Department
St. Luke’s Building A
1012 E. 2nd Street, 2nd Floor
Duluth, MN 55805 (218) 249-5616
Essentia Health- St. Mary's Medical Center
407 E 3rd Street Duluth MN (218) 786-4357
Additional local crisis support can be found here.