Please call 218-726-8155 during regular clinic hours to talk about any concerns you may have; our providers will be able to guide you through screening procedures, symptoms, exposures, testing options and instructions for isolation and quarantine.
We are also offering COVID nurse triage after hours M-F until 6:00 p.m. Please call 218-726-8155, press #1 to speak with our nurse, between 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-F only.
When to call Health Services, or situations in which you may be in communication with our providers:
- Symptoms of Coronavirus or exposure to COVID patients.
- Appointments to get tested for COVID at Health Services and details of where to get tested in the community.
- Questions regarding COVID.
- Questions about quarantine/isolation in Oakland apartments for students that reside on campus.
- Information regarding quarantine/isolation release date and notification to housing when students are okayed to go back to their dorm or on-campus apartment.
- Daily symptom checks on a case by case basis.
Students who live on campus and call Health Services about COVID exposure or symptoms will be directed to complete the COVID screening form on the Housing and Resident Life homepage (click on screening form).
If You Test Positive for COVID-19:
When a student tests positive for COVID-19, they will be instructed by Health Services, housing staff, or Public Health Officials to isolate to reduce the risk of infecting others.
Individuals will need to isolate for 10 days from the date symptoms began, have not had a fever for at least 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medications) and their symptoms must be improved before their isolation can end.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a 10 day isolation period from the date of a positive test for those who are infected with Covid-19 but remain asymptomatic.