Health Services has a COVID Nurse on staff to assist you M-F, until 7pm!
Please call 218-726-8155 to talk about the concerns you may have; our COVID RN will be able to guide you through screening procedures, symptoms, exposures, testing options and instructions for isolation and quarantine.
When to call the COVID Nurse, or situations in which you may be in communication with the nurse:
- Symptoms of Coronavirus or exposure to COVID patients.
- Appointments to get tested for COVID at Health Services and details of where to get tested in the community.
- Questions regarding COVID.
- Questions about quarantine/isolation in Oakland apartments for students that reside on campus.
- Information regarding quarantine/isolation release date and notification to housing when students are okayed to go back to their dorm or on-campus apartment.
- Daily symptom checks on a case by case basis.
Students who live on campus and call Health Services about COVID exposure or symptoms will be directed to complete the COVID screening form on the Housing and Resident Life homepage (click on screening form).
If You Test Positive for COVID-19:
When a student tests positive for COVID-19, they will be instructed by Health Services, housing staff, or Public Health Officials to isolate to reduce the risk of infecting others.
Most individuals will need to isolate until it has been 10 days since they began feeling sick, and not had a fever for at least 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medications), and their symptoms have improved.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a 10-day isolation period for those known to be infected with COVID-19 but are asymptomatic.
If You're Exposed to a Person with a Confirmed COVID-19 Case:
Those who have been notified of their exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case may be instructed to remain in quarantine, in a space with a separate room and bathroom, for at least 14 days or until otherwise directed by Health Services, housing staff, or public health professionals.
(credit to: University Health and Safety Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Training)